Safeway stores have joined Wild Oats as the only two companies with mandatory national policies requiring the posting of FDA advice at seafood counters in all their stores.
Oceana is preparing a "Green List" of companies posting the advice, and protecting the health of their customers. Oceana will also produce a "Red List" naming companies that are not protecting their customers' health.
Congratulations to Safeway for leading this important movement and ensuring it's own place on the Green List, alongside Wild Oats. We hope that other companies will soon follow the movement to inform shoppers about mercury levels in fish and what's safest for their families.
- Leatherback Sea Turtle Rescued from Fishing Gear Posted Fri, August 29, 2014
- Creature Feature: Barnacles Posted Tue, August 26, 2014
- Court Requests Changes to the North Pacific Fisheries Observer Program be Reconsidered Posted Thu, August 28, 2014
- Seaweed Spotlight: A Rare Glimpse into Beautiful Ocean Kelp Forests (Photos) Posted Mon, August 25, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Rare Blue Lobster Caught in Maine, Cephalopod Skin Providing Groundwork for New Technology, and More Posted Wed, August 27, 2014