Safeway stores have joined Wild Oats as the only two companies with mandatory national policies requiring the posting of FDA advice at seafood counters in all their stores.
Oceana is preparing a "Green List" of companies posting the advice, and protecting the health of their customers. Oceana will also produce a "Red List" naming companies that are not protecting their customers' health.
Congratulations to Safeway for leading this important movement and ensuring it's own place on the Green List, alongside Wild Oats. We hope that other companies will soon follow the movement to inform shoppers about mercury levels in fish and what's safest for their families.
- Oceana Magazine: Q&A with Justin Winters, Executive Director of Leonardo DiCaprio Foundation Posted Fri, September 26, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: UN Sounds Alarm on Mangrove Disappearance, Brazil to Triple Marine Protected Areas, and More Posted Tue, September 30, 2014
- President Obama Designates World’s Largest Marine Protected Area in Pacific Ocean Posted Thu, September 25, 2014
- Meet a Tiny Crab Species That’s Not into Long-Term Relationships Posted Sat, September 27, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Blue Crabs Keeping Invasive Green Crabs in Line, Sargasso Sea Less Biodiverse than in Previous Years, and More Posted Wed, September 24, 2014