Safeway stores have joined Wild Oats as the only two companies with mandatory national policies requiring the posting of FDA advice at seafood counters in all their stores.
Oceana is preparing a "Green List" of companies posting the advice, and protecting the health of their customers. Oceana will also produce a "Red List" naming companies that are not protecting their customers' health.
Congratulations to Safeway for leading this important movement and ensuring it's own place on the Green List, alongside Wild Oats. We hope that other companies will soon follow the movement to inform shoppers about mercury levels in fish and what's safest for their families.
- Ocean Roundup: Chevron Withdraws Drilling Plans from the Arctic, Peru Issues Ban on Shrimp Fishing, and More Posted Fri, December 19, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Humpback Whales Communicate to Feed at Night, Bangladesh Oil Spill Threatening Sundarbans Mangroves, and More Posted Wed, December 17, 2014
- Holiday Creature Feature: Christmas Tree Worm and Candy Cane Shrimp Posted Fri, December 19, 2014
- Act: GrubHub, Take Shark Fin Off the Menu! Posted Wed, December 17, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Morbillivirus Strikes the Florida Keys, New Species of Snailfish Discovered in Mariana Trench, and More Posted Mon, December 22, 2014