Safeway stores have joined Wild Oats as the only two companies with mandatory national policies requiring the posting of FDA advice at seafood counters in all their stores.
Oceana is preparing a "Green List" of companies posting the advice, and protecting the health of their customers. Oceana will also produce a "Red List" naming companies that are not protecting their customers' health.
Congratulations to Safeway for leading this important movement and ensuring it's own place on the Green List, alongside Wild Oats. We hope that other companies will soon follow the movement to inform shoppers about mercury levels in fish and what's safest for their families.
- Photos: Leonardo DiCaprio, Other Celebs Fight for Our Oceans at Oceana’s SeaChange Party Posted Mon, August 18, 2014
- Offshore Wind Development Moves Closer to Reality in Maryland, North Carolina Thanks to BOEM Posted Wed, August 20, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Vaquita Porpoise Needs Swift Protection, Atlantic Ocean behind Global Warming Slow Down, and More Posted Fri, August 22, 2014
- Ocean News: Barbuda Becomes Ocean Conservation Leader in the Caribbean, July Ocean Temperatures Hit Record Highs, and More Posted Tue, August 19, 2014
- CITES Listing Countdown: Less Than One Month until Manta Rays are Protected Posted Wed, August 20, 2014