Safeway stores have joined Wild Oats as the only two companies with mandatory national policies requiring the posting of FDA advice at seafood counters in all their stores.
Oceana is preparing a "Green List" of companies posting the advice, and protecting the health of their customers. Oceana will also produce a "Red List" naming companies that are not protecting their customers' health.
Congratulations to Safeway for leading this important movement and ensuring it's own place on the Green List, alongside Wild Oats. We hope that other companies will soon follow the movement to inform shoppers about mercury levels in fish and what's safest for their families.
- Oceana’s New Report Highlights Uses, Benefits of Global Fishing Watch Technology Posted Mon, November 17, 2014
- Video: Humpback Whales Cause Quite the Surprise As They Hunt for Herring Posted Wed, November 19, 2014
- On World Fisheries Day, A Look at Oceana’s Work to Create Sustainable Fisheries (Photos) Posted Fri, November 21, 2014
- Ocean Roundup: Humpback Whale Scars Can Reveal Migration Patterns, Sea Star Die-Offs Linked to Virus, and More Posted Tue, November 18, 2014
- Extroverted Sharks and Stressed Penguins: Uncovering Personality in Ocean Animals Posted Wed, November 19, 2014